Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday.

My proudest moment was probably when I made my first real painting. It was when I had recently changed my major to art, so it was extra exciting for me. After spending the first two years hoping around different majors looking for the right I finally felt like I was doing something I really wanted to do.
So I took my first intermediate painting class, with Phil Argent, in the fall of 2009 I want to say. Before then, I had never really painted something on my own, other than still lives and I don’t count those. The assignment was to paint anything I wanted as long as Text was incorporated somehow. At first I had no idea what to do but after talking to Phil I got started and began my first study. I loved it from the start, and after two study painting I was ready to create the final.
I was ready to go after playing with the same idea for the whole quarter, so after I stretched out my first canvas I got my paint out and started mixing colors. I spent days on it, and a few all nighters, and after seeing it when it was completely finished I was completely satisfied and proud, I never imagined it would come out the way it did. It might not have been that great, but after spending so much time on it I didn’t care. On the day of crit people walked up to me before class and complemented me on my work, it was very satisfying that all those hours payed off. Aside from that crit went pretty well, considering that no one said anything bad about it.
So there it is, every time I look at it, it reminds me of the process and everything I learned and experience during that time.

Study #1

Study#2


Final

No comments:

Post a Comment