Friday, April 29, 2011

Fav .Artist

Ok so picking my favorite artist is very hard, I don’t particularly prefer a certain artist right now because i like different styles. But if I were to pick an artist, I would have to pick Rosson Crow. I had an assignment to do based on her style, and I really enjoyed the different aspects of her work. I learned a lot trying to imitate her work (intermediate painting assignment) and I grew fond of it. I like the way she uses cinematic images, without actually using people in her work. Her paintings consist of interior and exterior environments that are full of energy, giving the sense that something exciting just happened in them. I love the colors she chooses to use, and the atmosphere she creates using fictional scenarios. It’s so chaotic and pleasing to look at trying to follow what’s going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment