Sunday, April 17, 2011

Art Show!

Last Tuesday, I went to the second opening for Whenever You Are, We Are Already Then, honors’ thesis show. It was a great show, all the pieces were definitely different in their own way. The one that really caught my attention was Carissa Zabada’s piece on the human mind. It was an installation piece that consisted of mirrors that covered an entire room and within it contained different aspects and representations of the human mind. I also enjoyed Leo’s work, after seeing different renditions of it, I liked how he altered it to really make it a more interactive work. I also like the fact that I ate some art, the cake in the tent was delicious. Overall everyone had their own approaches and their own project ideas, I thought it was interesting how no one piece was like the other, everyone has their own visions of what art it and what is created from those ideas are really baffling and thought provoking. They also had a mini interaction piece in which the viewer has to draw a Mickie Mouse and place it on the wall. I chose to challenge this request by drawing a duck instead, I figured they wanted to get some sort of reaction from the different styles of Mickyes, so I wanted to see if I got some sort of reaction by drawing something completely different, in this case, a duck.
Overall, it was fun seeing everything, plus they had great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment