Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Presentations

Today’s presentations were really great, and very creative. I can’t really pick one because I thought most of them were very moving. To see fellow art students confessing their most personal secrets is really motivating. One of the pieces that I enjoyed was Erika Frost’s story book. I thought it was a very interactive and playful way to get such a secret across. And to perform it with such enthusiasm added to a strong representation. The story was very well organized and along with the illustrations, was very original.
Furthermore even though Walter’s piece was very creative, I felt like his message was hard to understand. Even though the poster contained good material, I feel like the organization was a little hard to follow. I think it would have been a lot stronger if perhaps the presentation was based on more than just pictures and extended to more personal symbols that may have stood out the most for him. Or perhaps if he used something other than the science project board, something that would do justice to what he felt, or what he was going through. I felt like the poster board may have taken away some of that justification, since we associate with it our days back in high school, for science projects.
Overall, I still think that all of the presentations were unique in their own way and because of that unique connection to their confession, they became really successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment