Friday, April 1, 2011

Journal 4: technology

These days, or should I say, years, I have relied a lot on my iPod. I always seem to have headphones on no matter what I do, which is why I will probably end up deaf by the time I am 40 or 50.  Despite that, I love my iPod and it has definitely made things a lot more exciting for me. I love walking around campus just listening to music and not having to worry about anything. If it were suddenly taken away from me, I don’t know how well I would recuperate from that change; it would be like someone telling you, you couldn’t wear a left shoe anymore. Of course with practice we humans adapt to abrupt life hiccups; but I don’t think I could do it, it’s become so addicting that I’m sure I would always try and find some way to cheat the system, and put headphones in my ears. Now that I write this, it’s kind of sad to think about how easily I’m bought for something like an iPod. It makes me think about how I didn’t even care for them when they came out, let alone when they didn’t exist. But now that I have had a taste of their brilliance, I don’t want to give it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment