Sunday, April 10, 2011

sunday! Confession Brainstorm

One of my confessions revolves around the idea of my hate for confrontation. It is something that I feel I can’t escape, and that eventually leave me vulnerable to the problems of real life. For this exercise I want to demonstrate this by creating a white mask with an eye in the front that hides my face from people and conflicts. I chose a mask, because I always feel that I could express myself the way I want when I don’t have to look at people in the eye. I still chose to have an eye, to demonstrate a window of still having enough courage to attempt to confront those or that which I am hiding from.
Another idea I had was about my fear of graduating and being released into the real world to fend for myself. After all these years of being under my parent’s safety net, I have grown accustomed to having that comfort and I fear that I am not completely prepared to face life’s rude wake up call. For this idea I would like to surround myself with objects that represent accomplishments, and objects that suggest this change in lifestyle.
The last idea I had was my fear of rejection, not just with people but with my goals. After working so hard to get where I want to get, I’m afraid that it can all be taken away from me in a single moment. So I would like to demonstrate that by having a red stamp in my forehead with the words “reject”, as a way of trying to deal with that fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment