Friday, April 1, 2011

Journal 2: Concerns and Fears

More than anything, I’m concerned for my performance in this class. Not that I will not try, but that I won’t be successful at what I’m trying to accomplish. I’ve heard many things about this class, both exciting and worrisome and after spending last quarter interacting with the public for art 130, I know how people can be, and trying to get a message across becomes quite the mission. I guess what I'm afraid of is of the public becoming a factor in my ability to get my idea across.
            But I'm optimistic, sometimes, and for some reason I’m actually excited to find out how I will retaliate this “fear of people”, because from what I’ve heard getting your idea the way you want it requires a lot of guts and determination.

I’m also concerned about bad reactions. What if someone calls the cops on me? Or has an aggressive reaction? I won’t know what to do and I don’t work well under pressure. But I guess that’s the point. It just becomes a matter of how far will you go, or how much will you’ll sacrifice, for the quality of work that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment