Friday, April 1, 2011

Journal 3: Free for all!

So today I played guitar, I don’t get to do that as often anymore, not because I don’t want to but because of all the other crap I have to do. But it is very therapeutic playing the simplest melodies, producing something as amazing as music can really put you at ease and it is very fulfilling. Every time I play, I feel like my fingers are getting faster and my chords are closer to being perfected. These new accomplishments only add to my ambition of playing more, and creating riffs that suit my thinking process and music interests.  This basic form of practice, I realized, should be applied to everything. It’s the same sense of satisfaction i get when I paint, run, or find something new to learn and interact with. It’s simple repetition, but it’s in the way that your mind works with your senses that makes it so interesting. Seeing the way my fingers move, or the way I move my hand when using a paintbrush, it’s like second nature.

I bought a ukulele not too long ago; I haven’t touched it as much, so I decided to put this repetition to the test.  And here’s what happened; nothing great, but I'm satisfied with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gia-Ti1oLw

No comments:

Post a Comment