Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuesday. Embarassing!

Ok, even though this happened so long ago, I still remember it as one of the first times that I really got embarrassed. So it happened in the second grade...or first grade, whatever the thing is it happened. It was during Christmas and my class was signed up to do a Christmas play/show/ pageant thing, and my part was to do a little dance to the song “I want to wish you a merry Christmas”. Ok this is where it starts.
So during my childhood I loved to spend my class time in the clouds, or so I was told by my teachers, so I sometimes didn’t pay attention to things. But in my defense, I was a kid at the time and kids never pay attention!
When the night of the show came around I got myself all ready to go and off to school we went. For some reason I never thought about what I was supposed to do once I got on stage, but once I did I wished I hadn’t. I went up there in front of all the parents and teachers and tried to follow along with the rest of the girls. It turns out we had a little dance to do and I tried quickly to figure it out, in order to catch up. I was so disoriented and lost; I was all over the place.
Everyone laughed- and I mean everyone. I was so embarrassed, I never saw so many people looking at me at once. After the show everyone walked up to me to tell me how cute that whole skit was and how funny I was. Sure it was funny to them, and it is now that I think about it, but at the time I was so embarrassed, which is why I still remember it to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment