Sunday, May 1, 2011

week doc

This week I was able to present my confessions project. Overall the project affected me more than I thought it would. I honestly didn’t expect to react the way I did when I was retelling my experience. As I was telling everyone what everything meant, I felt like I was reliving those moments again, and I had forgotten how that felt. So it was definitely unexpected, but I’m also glad I decided to do that, I started thinking about a lot of personal things after that, and the way they affect me today.
As for the actual visual sculptural piece for my confessions, I knew from the start how I wanted to present it. I wanted people to read the letter like they were the ones receiving it, and I wanted that shock, or fear to come across in a certain way. To receive something so suddenly has left a very strong impression that I will never forget the feeling of it, and telling a story is not as powerful as experiencing it firsthand.

No comments:

Post a Comment