Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thursday

Not too long ago I saw Insidious at the movies with my friends. Its started out promising it really got me a little shaken up but it turned out kind of lame in my opinion. Anyways despite its failure to frightened me, I still thought its composition was very interesting. Some of the imagery was very impressive and the colors on part of it really fit the mood and the theme of the movie. Everything would suddenly become dark and strange and some stills could really play off to be independent pictures.
I also thought that it was trying to go back into the style of older horror films in which things seem very cheesy and cliché. But I think it was a good imitation of that old style, by watching this film you could really compare how much our scare tolerance and culture has changed. It can also be blamed on how far our technology has advanced; it allows us to explore different effects that make the viewer react in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment