Thursday, May 5, 2011

Monday

I really enjoyed the lecture. Listening to everyone’s different pieces was really interesting and captivating. I really enjoyed trying to listen intently to their words and in the manner they decided to express them in. I was really impressed by all of them, the ones from the students were all very distinct, and had their own styles. And watching Beau performing his stuff was really amazing as well. You could tell he’s really good at doing what he does, and his interaction with the crowd is very affective. I remember seeing a documentary about Beau about a year or two ago, so I was really interested in watching him perform in person.
The lecture really made me think about those instances in life that trigger such strong material for pieces of art. It could have been a tiny instance in life, but that moment could mean a million different things when retold in words or image. I have become more aware of these things and I feel like I start to analyze everything, trying to figure out how it can change the things I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment